At 10:25 this morning Mom finished this leg of her journey.
She lived through the night . . . we had started to proceed with things as they were . . . we did not try to get to the Hospice as early as we could. She waited until we were not around making a fuss. Perhaps until Mom knew we were going to continue as normal. Then as unobtrusively as possible, she slipped away from this earthly life.
As far as we could tell, she rested comfortably during those last two weeks. But now she does not have to worry about someone getting her up out of bed. She does not have to worry about someone feeding her. She does not have to struggle with taking a breath.
My niece was the only family member present when she took her last breath. LaKisha said that she just simply drifted away and began an eternal rest - no longer dealing with bodily functions. She described her face as glowing like a beautiful bride as she comes down the aisle.
When we arrived about half an hour later we had simulataneous feelings of sorrow and relief.
My sister Robin, her husband, and her son finished the task of choosing pictures for the slide show that will be the Mom's mini-biopic at the service. Then I went home and wrote yesterday's update for Week 2, not really knowing what to expect but allowing ourselves to be at peace if Mom chose to leave when we were not there to witness it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YIKES!!!
Yesterday I received a letter in the mail from the University of Kansas Health Sciences System. I didn’t think too much about it until I ope...
-
Sorry to the folks who got teaser pictures from yesterday's visit to KUMC. I am not composing this post until Tuesday morning from the b...
-
Today is Tuesday, April 26, five days after the doctors inserted the subcutaneous implantable defibrillator and lead with defibrillation thr...
-
I got on the bus this morning with the intention of riding to Starbucks at Crown Center to gather my thoughts on recent medical visits for t...
No comments:
Post a Comment