Saturday, November 29, 2014

From Facebook Notes - Nov 19, 2014

Mom started the day at at St. Mary's Hospital and moved to St. Luke's Hospice at about 2:00 PM. Susie, Robin, Bruce (Robin's husband) and I got some lunch (we didn't follow the ambulance) and afterward went to check out the Hospice House.

The fluids and antibiotics that were being pumped into her body during her treatment at the hospital had causeda lot of swelling/edema. So with the discontinuation of any treatment (other than a little bit of oxygen) she should be more comforatable.

We got there and she seemed more peaceful than when she was at the hospital. The surroundings at the Hospice are beautiful, we know that this alleviates a lot of stress for family members; we all feel that Mom is probably less stressed even though she can't tell us.

We decided not to spend the night since Mom was resting peacefully. Soon enough one or more family members will be spending the night.

If you would like more information or would like to visit, send me a private message or call Robin, Susie, or me. 


Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YIKES!!!

Yesterday I received a letter in the mail from the University of Kansas Health Sciences System. I didn’t think too much about it until I ope...