OK . . . so some of you saw my posts here about my health in 2022 and they have vanished! I downloaded the mobile blogger app that was supposed to miraculously make it easy to manage this blog. Apparently, it is not nearly as intuitive as they seemed to think it was. It didn't make managing blog posts easier. Instead, I accidentally erased all the posts since February 2022 and see no way to retrieve them. So I guess I will start again!
I saw an old friend the other day whom I'd not seen in many years. (We went to high school together to give you an idea.)
I said to her, "I am quietly and slowly entering into the geriatric zone."
She replied, "Oh, not me. I briskly slid right in."
I counterreplied, "Well, yes. I guess I'm just in denial."
So over the next week or so, I will re-collect my thoughts about what my health has been like since the great lockdown of 2020 due to the Covid Pandemic and I will post these recollections as well as any updates so that those friends of mine who care to read the musings of a senior citizen who is a mere two years shy of 70!
No one was ever so astute as Rod Serling when he said, "You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!" Or perhaps even moreso when he said, "A journey into a wondrous land of imagination.” Very similar things can be said about the geriatric zone. I’m not sure how wondrous this land of imagination is or whether I actually could have imagined how wondrous (or unwondrous) the land would be. In fact I am seeing and hearing the Zone, but I’m not sure I am really mindful of the zone at all. At times, I am quite sure that I am losing my mind, but here are some of my musings about health after age 65!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YIKES!!!
Yesterday I received a letter in the mail from the University of Kansas Health Sciences System. I didn’t think too much about it until I ope...
-
Sorry to the folks who got teaser pictures from yesterday's visit to KUMC. I am not composing this post until Tuesday morning from the b...
-
Today is Tuesday, April 26, five days after the doctors inserted the subcutaneous implantable defibrillator and lead with defibrillation thr...
-
I got on the bus this morning with the intention of riding to Starbucks at Crown Center to gather my thoughts on recent medical visits for t...
No comments:
Post a Comment